Sunday, January 25, 2009

Post-Holiday Shopping Frenzy

Oh dear readers, I have been in a shopping frenzy as of late. The after-holiday sales have just been too much for me to resist, and I have turned into a shopping fiend. Seriously, the sales have been crazy, and I like to think I've been doing my part to help the economy...I really don't think that, but it's a good excuse. Here are some of my recent great buys [with more pics of me wearing some of the new goodies coming soon...]. Have you all been going as nuts as me??

Chunky black heels. You won't believe where these beauties are from...









A new leather carry-all:



My first Marc Jacobs dress!!! I actually wore the dress turned around backwards, because I love the exposed zipper so much! I think Net-a-porter will be the death of me...




Round-frame sunglasses from UO:




A blouse I have been wanting from FCUK for a while...

Some basic Nine West black boots...and these coveted wedges as well:




Banana Republic is having a massive, and I mean massive, clearance on dresses. I bought a couple of party/cocktail dresses and with their additional 25% discount [check the site], none of them were more than $30 bucks {and these dresses were originally $150 or more!}. I'm so glad I held off buying from Forever 21, because I was able to grab this sequin mini-dress for just as cheap, and it is definitely a bit more well-made:



I also got my metallic fix, and this dress is so classic, I will wear it forever:



And lastly, a military/band jacket from the ever-dependable Target [it seems like I have found some of my cutest jackets from there!]:

If you're shopping the sales, here are some things to keep in mind:

**Don't forget if you are shopping online to look for coupon and discount codes on sites like retailmenot.com. These can often save you from 10-20%.

**Also make sure to look for sale codes on the sites themselves -- many websites will add the code automatically when you check out, but some will have to be done manually!

**sign up for e-mail announcements from your favorite stores -- it might seem annoying to receive loads of automated e-mails, but when a great sale comes up, you'll be glad!

**If you can, go into the stores -- some clearance sales are even better in the actual store. For example, I was able to purchase my Banana Republic and Target items for 1/2-1/3 cheaper than the online sale price.

No comments:

Post a Comment