Thursday, July 16, 2009

5 Things that Make Me Happy...

I recently got tagged by the magnificent Mothersvea, and she wanted me to share 5 things that make me happy. It was really hard to pick only five...


♥Style

Style does not necessarily mean fashion, and vice versa. Style transcends wealth and prestige. Sometimes it is pre-meditated, sometimes it is natural. It can be good design, a thoughful arrangement, a personal eccentricity, or a mysterious trait you cannot quite put your finger on. I think style makes the world a place worth living, because it requires consciousness and attention to detail...it makes the everyday into something amazing.



♥My Boyfriend


What can I say? My world would be pretty boring and lonely without him to share it with. He makes me laugh. He challenges me. He enlightens me. He respects me. He rocks.



♥Delicious Food


I love food. I think about food constantly. I dream of food. It is a passion. I like cooking it, but I REALLY like eating it. I will try anything almost once. I love fried chicken just as much as I like fois gras. I like street food as much as I like 5 star restaurants. I want to travel the world and try all the yummy food from sea to shining sea. [This painting makes me laugh -- it is by one of my favorite pop artists, Ed Ruscha].



♥A Good Read

Magazines. Blogs. Classics. Philosophy. Low-brow. I don't judge -- if it stimulates my mind, makes me laugh, makes me think, makes me angry, makes me scared, or just plain entertains me, I'm happy! And yes, I read Foucault when I was three years old...just kidding.



♥Music

I'm an equal-opportunity music-listener. I love old country music, French pop, 80's new wave, hip-hop, southern rock, indie, disco, 50's rockabilly, classical, psychedelic. I have a ridiculously large music collection, and I download new stuff every week. I must have it all!! How fantastic is this old-school picture of Madonna, by the way??

I am tagging Loose Leaf Tigers, Kirafashion, The Chickadees Nest, My Special Stash, and Greedy Girl. What makes you happy????

No comments:

Post a Comment