Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Current Obsession: Chris Benz's Circus Chic








One of my most surreal childhood memories took place at the circus. When I was 10 years old, I won a radio contest and the prize was a night in the circus {not at -- in}. I was declared "The Princess of Barnum & Bailey's Circus," and I was dressed up in a spangled, be-ribboned costume and paraded around the rings in a horse drawn carriage. It was truly like a dream {or like a weird Italian film from the 60's}. Ever since then, I've had a bit of a secret fascination with all things circus-related. This is undoubtedly why I am so drawn to Chris Benz's Spring 2010 collection: there is something vaguely "cotton candy-meets-sequined acrobat-meets-clown" about his pieces. Feel like a night under the big-top??

::For the circus-obsessed: gorgeous book; one of the best shows ever; creepy film.


{Find more Chris Benz at style.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment