Monday, October 5, 2009

Feeling Bookish?

{via FFFound}

Regrettably, being an English major has hardened me to the joys of reading -- it often seems more like a job and less like a pleasurable escape. One good thing about the weather turning cold is that I actually feel the urge to pick up a good book and lounge around on the sofa {versus the summer, when I just want to be frolicking around out-of-doors}. I plan on indulging this bookish feeling while it lasts...


I love picking up a familiar text -- it helps remind me why I fell in love with books to begin with. I'm completely in lust with Faber's new 80th Anniversary editions of classic poetry. The gorgeous, graphic black-and-white editions include personal favorites, like Sylvia Plath and T.S. Eliot.

The Penguin Classics editions designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith come out in October... Somehow these manage to make Oliver Twist and The Odyssey seem fresh and exciting again.

White's Books is a new boutique publishing venture that is also releasing classics with stunning cover art work {by David Pearson}. The worn-out saying really seems to ring true: classics never go out of style!

If you're a book worm {or just looking for some eye-candy for your bookshelf}, take a gander at these fantastic book/cover design blogs: No Such Book, Faceout Books, and The Casual Optimist.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment