Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weekend Excursions.

I'm counting down the days until two upcoming getaways I have planned...

I booked two overnight trips in October and November for me and the boyfriend {we are in desperate need of an escape...}. I have been yearning for a vacation for a while, but until we can save up for a big, international excursion, these little weekend jaunts will definitely tide us over.

In October we are going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a stay at the Crescent Moon Hotel and Spa -- a gorgeous Victorian building, today considered to be one of America's most haunted hotels. There is going to be a ghost tour...and some spa pampering. Seems like a perfect combination! In November, for our anniversary, we are going to stay at the Price Tower in Bartlesville. Price Tower is one of architecture's best kept secrets -- it is a skyscraper built by Frank Lloyd Wright, right in the middle of Oklahoma's beautiful prairie. If you live near OK, or you are just an architecture buff, it is definitely worth the trip.

I am so looking forward to some R&R in the upcoming months! What about you, my lovely readers? Do you have any vacations or getaways planned? Sometimes the quick, weekend trips are more relaxing than the long vacations...you should treat yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment